KDS will feature multiple colors indicating status of orders on KDS based on cook time of the item. Cook time starts from the moment the order is accepted by the cook.
The color changes as follows:
If the cook time is configured for an item as 10 minutes,
- Until the initial 50% of the time, the color of the cook time box will be in Grey.
- From 50% of the time till it reaches 75% of the time, the color of the cook time box will be in
- From 75%, until the cook time reaches 100%, the color of the cook time box will be in Orange.
- Beyond 100% if the item is still not prepared or not bumped off from the KDS, the color of cook time box must change to Red.
- If the item is prepared before 10 minutes and the status of the item is changed to ready state, the cook time box must be in Green.