Order cooking status in KDS is displayed by different colors. Each Order is assigned a unique Order ID. Filtering of Orders is available based on ID, status, and time.
If the items are at different statuses, each status of item is displayed in following colors.
- NEW- Gray color
- ACCEPTED- Blue color
- READY- Green color
Order Cooking Status on KDS:
If the time out for NEW order status is 1 min, then the time is divided into 3 equal phases i.e.
- 0-20 sec → Green color
- 21-40 sec → Orange color
- 41-60 sec → Red color
Item status is updated to Accepted after completion of 1 min.
Order will vanish from KDS upon completion of 1 min (time out of “Ready” status).
- Login into POS
- Select the service and location
- Select the Item from Menu Section.
- Selected menu items will be populated into Order Summary with price.
- Selecting PAY will place the order.
- Select KDS.
- Selecting KDS will navigate to the prompt of KDS interface where the order is displayed.
- The item status will be displayed in GREEN color for first 20 seconds.
- The item status will be displayed in ORANGE color for next 20 seconds.
- The item status will be displayed in RED color for last 20 seconds.
- Item status is updated to Accepted after completion of Timeout i.e, 1 min.