For stores, it is important to define the taxes for the orders and items.
TRAY provides a unique taxation feature where you can define the taxes for individual items, sections, categories, and orders.
The taxes inclusive in the order or charged separately based on the total order.
To add new taxes for the site:
- Log into TRAY HQ as an admin or store manager.
- Select SITES and log into the Site for which you want to add the tax.
- From the left menu, select Taxes.
- Select New Tax.
Following table provides the details of the UI fields in the New Tax screen:
Enter the name of the tax.
Select the tax type:
- Order Quantity
- Order Total
Is Stackable When selected, the tax is applied in addition to other taxes. Is Default Select if the tax is the default.
Enter the tax amount on the total amount of the order.
Select the rounding options for the tax:
- Rounding up
- Rounding down
Select the inclusive type:
- Net Inclusive
- Gross Inclusive
Select the calculation Strategy:
- Item Level: Calculates the tax at the item level.
- Order Level: Claclualtes the tax at the order level.
Tax Rate Percentage or Fixed Tax Rate/Amount