TRAY supports two types readers:
If a card reader is not working:
- Look for the green light on the reader. A working, and ready to use reader should have a green light.
- In the app, any prompt where a card could be used (staff login, card payments, etc) will have a colored indicator dot to show whether the card reader is detected by the software and ready to use.
- Check to see if the printer is also working. If both the printer and the reader are offline, the USB adapter and/or hub may have issues.
- Check the reader's connection in TRAY.
- Hard reset the card reader by holding the button for 10-15 seconds or until the light flashed red.
- Restart the Tablet.
- Attempt to connect with Bluetooth if used by the site (password 6 zero’s for MagTek).
- Escalate for possible RMA.