A printer is configured as both an order printer and a receipt printer (same physical device, two different functions).
Printer will be designated as either a receipt printer or an order printer. When assigned to a device, receipt printers will print a receipt for each order routed to that device, showing the full order with item prices, subtotals, and signature line. Order printers only print an order stub for the kitchen or bar staff who will be preparing the order and orders are routed to specific order printers based on item category.
- Login to KDS
- Select +Add Printer to add the new printer.
- Enter / provide the printer name and select Submit.
- Select and authorize ADMIN.
- Authorizing ADMIN will navigate to the screen of KDS Settings.
- Select Print Order to print the order.
- Enter / provide the order ID and select PRINT.
- Order is printed.
- Select Print Receipt to print the receipt.
- Enter / provide the receipt number and select PRINT.
- Receipt is printed.