A waiver form can be created for customers to sign before they buy a service or product. Waivers are HTML files that are individually drafted and assigned to sites.
If you already have an HTML copy of the waiver:
- On HQ, navigate to Location > Waivers > New Waiver and add the file.
- Click Sign Waiver and copy the URL to your website.
Creating Waiver HTML Files
To create the waiver file:
- Draft or obtain a copy of your waiver as a .doc file.
- Paste the file in the link:
- Add a line (shift-enter) at the end of each paragraph.
- Copy the HTML code on the right and save it as a .html file using a text editor such as Notepad++ or Sublime.
- Use the instructions above to upload your new HTML file.
Waiver Upload Fields
The following table provides information about the UI fields in the Add Waiver screen.
Field Description Title
Enter the HQ name of the waiver.
Language Specifies what language the form will be presented in. Users will be prompted to select a language before being presented with their waiver. Child Pass Age Specifies the age maximum to present the ‘child’ package item(s) instead of the adult package item(s). Adult Age Specifies the legal age necessary to fill out a waiver. Parent Acceptance Text If desired and not included in the base waiver, this field allows you to add language to explain the assumption of legal responsibility for adults signing on behalf of participating minors. Header Code Allows for custom HTML header code to be inserted into the waiver page. File The .htm or .html document that the customer will view and sign. Visible (checkbox)
When checked, the waiver is visible to users. If you want to disable a waiver without deleting it, you can uncheck this.IMPORTANT NOTE: Marking a waiver as 'not visible' will only remove it from the kiosks. Waivers that are not checked as visible will still be reachable via their assigned URL. If you allow online signing and have linked to the waiver on the website of the business, ensure that your webmaster updates the URL to reflect the current copy of the waiver.
- Click Save to create the waiver or click Cancel to discard the changes.
Once saved, you will return to the waiver list and the new waiver will appear with its URL.